Portfolio Update 15/2/2023

 Hello all, KOPL here back with a second portfolio update. It's been one month since my previous portfolio review and I just wanted to provide some updates regarding my portfolio performance and thoughts regarding future purchases. 


Screenshot of my Tiger Account


It is no secret that Keppel Corporation has been the biggest drag on my portfolio's performance, which is quite a shame given that my conviction in it was the highest, as evident from the fact that it is my largest allocated weightage by far. At one point before the earnings release, I was actually up on it by around $60. Nevertheless, I am still confident in Keppel Corp and am looking forward to the results of tomorrow's Sembcorp Marine vote. This is a long-term hold that I am comfortable with seeing through till the very end lest there is a sudden negative development that would significantly impact the fundamentals. 


As you can also see, I have added 50 lots of Fu Yu Corporation to my portfolio at an average cost basis of 0.23 SGD per stock. It is a shame that I did not trust my gut instinct to purchase Fu Yu when it was lower, hovering around 0.215 SGD per unit. Personally, unless Fu Yu drops a considerable amount, I don't think I will be adding more to my stake any time soon.


For United Hampshire US REIT, I am thinking of raising my stake in it. I think as of right now, it is probably one of the best deals you can get in the SGX market. A more or less stable REIT offering a high yield that has the potential to outperform the S&P500 performance at the current price. Do be on the lookout as I am currently undertaking a long and arduous process of penning down my investment thesis on UHREIT sometime soon, hopefully before their earnings report on Feb 23. 


In terms of the future of my portfolio, I am thinking of adding PSC Corporation and more UHREIT to my stake. I am just not exactly sure which stock will I acquire first, given that my cash on hand as of current is quite low. I think inflation will slowly creep back up again since I am of the opinion that the Fed is not being aggressive enough with their interest rate hikes. The US Labour Market has not felt the pain yet despite the recent rate hikes, which may leave demand-side inflation running rampant. However, after acquiring more of both stocks, should no interesting investing opportunities arise from the Singapore market, I will be looking into DCAing into VWRA for global exposure, as I believe that the US' outperformance will not last long. Nothing lasts forever. My slight shift away from dividend investing is due to the fact I feel that as a young investor with a long investment horizon, I should be a bit more aggressive with my investing. However, I believe that global equities will plunge soon attributed to the market's overly rosy outlook, being filled with unwarranted optimism. 


Think this article is something you'd want more of? Subscribe here using your email to get notified about my latest blog articles, I'd truly be grateful!


Disclaimer: Please take everything published within this blog with a pinch of salt. Nothing I say here should be misconstrued as any form of financial advice whatsoever. In fact, I am probably the absolute last person you should approach for any sort of advice. All self-computed figures are calculated to the best of my ability, but I cannot guarantee they are 100% accurate.


Thank you for reading my blog, and I hope you have learnt something, no matter how seemingly minuscule. I would greatly appreciate it if you subscribe as such posts take a decent chunk of time to dish out, ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should You Invest in Haw Par Corporation?

How I Would Invest $200,000 Today As A Singaporean Youth

United Hampshire US REIT 2H DPU Drops 27.9%! Should You Be Concerned?